Monday, October 09, 2006

The Gift of Grace

The Gift of Grace

Today has been a trying day for me. Do you ever have one of those days where you feel like your children are trying to test your limits? That is what it felt like today. It is just one of those days. UGHHH!!!

I think maybe it is because I was away this weekend. I went to a Design Team weekend at a friend's house in Long Beach Island. I guess the kids missed me.

The weekend was so much fun for me. I was together with 10 other women from the Time To Scrap Design Team. We talked, laughed, scrapped, & ate lots of junk food. It was really neat. I knew some of the women before the weekend & some I only knew from online. After the weekend it felt as if i had known them for much longer than a few days.

One of the highlights of the weekend was having a chance to spend time with my dear friend Gabi. We so rarely have time to hang out without kids. Usually all of our conversations are interupted by at least a few "mama can you...." type of things.

Even though it was a great weekend I am glad to be home. Unfortunately I was only able to see David for about an hour Sunday before he headed off to the airport for yet another conference. This time he is in Georgia. He won't be back until Wednesday night...boo hoo.

It will be so nice to have him home again.

I have been wanting to scrap or paint or something. The thing is I tried doing some today & my heart is not in it. I was also struggling this weekend at the TTS Design Team crop. I am not quite sure what is going on with me. So I think I may need to take a step back & let things go a bit. I want the creativity flowing again.

1 comment:

Going For Greatness said...

Yeah I sure do know what you mean! I am having one of those WEEKS. It feels like the moment I DO have a moment of Peace that it's shattered by the screaming of 2 fighting toddlers or the phone ringing. My nerves are shot!LOL I need an escape. Oh wait...... we just HAD an escape... ok I want another one! LOL!!!
Yep the DT weekend was really fun, I really enjoyed myself thoroughly!!
Hope your creativity is returning...... mine is still on the fritz! AHHHHHHH! CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!!!
XO
Gabi