Monday, October 02, 2006

Why I am starting a blog...

I must admit this whole idea of having my own blog is sort of intimidating for me. I am also excited about the idea.

I love to write & I love the idea of having a place to put down in writing some of the everyday things as well as the extrodinary things that happen in my life.

These days my life has been full of changes. It feels a bit like everything is off balance. I am normally one of those people who like order...I want to know how & why everything is happening. These days it isn't really like that for me. I am having to feel my way...go with the flow...see where life takes me. A little scary, a little unsettling, & yet very liberating & very exciting.

The changes in my life are all good, but like many people I resist change, the urge is to dig my feet in & stay right where I am. I know though that in order to have the juicy life of my dreams it is important to let go of my cotrolling ways & let the universe guide me.

I am so blessed in my life. I have everything I truly need. I am healthy, I have an awesome delicious husband who adores me & supports me. I have four absolutely fabulous kids. Our life is full & rich!!

As long as those core things are there for me the rest is really just gravy.

I hope this blog becomes a place to express my true self, my art, & share the grace that surrounds me.

Grace is defined as unmerrited favor & that is exactly waht describes who I am. I have been granted the gift of grace. It seems to define the space I live in & I seem to have the gift to grant grace to those around me. What a wonderful gift to have.

One of my goals recently has been to be honest with myself & with others. So I am sure many of my entries will be the kind of things most people try to keep to themselves. You know the stuff I am taking about...the ugly truth about our lives. The things you can't believe anyone is thinking but you. The truth I have found out about the human condition is that w all have these thoughts & when we share our experience, strength & hope it takes some of the shame away. When these thoughts see the light of day, they really don't have much power over us.

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness" ~Chinese proverb

1 comment:

Going For Greatness said...

I am so glad you've decided to start a blog! I hope you'll become as fond of blogging as I am!!
You are Ms. Grace indeed and I am so lucky to have you in my life!!
Keep on bloggin'!!
XO
Gabi