Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Our New Outdoor Fire Pit!





David & I decided it would be a nice addition to our backyard to have a fire bowl. So we shopped around this weekend & purchased one.
We also picked up the makings for s'mores as we thought it would be a fun thing to do with the kids.
Well, it is a beautiful addition, but we already had our first mishap. While the kids were roasting the marshmallows for s'mores Kailey dropped a burning hot one on her bare leg. OUCH!!
She ended up with a real nasty burn. We got it checked by the doctor & got her some good burn ointment.
It wasn't the best way to end the night, but they still seemed to enjoy the s'mores...even Kailey poor thing.

4 comments:

Going For Greatness said...

Poor Kailey! :( i hope she's all better now!!
I go away for a week and all havoc breaks loose!!
Great fire-pit! Can't wait for some Summer night fun!!!

Lissa Ballard said...

Ack! Poor Kailey! Hope that ointment does the trick and she heals up nicely.

That firepit looks great! I can imagine summer and fall nights snuggled around it having a great time!

Nik Just Nik said...

Poor Kailey.... I bet those S'Mores tasted good though....

The Cool Chicks said...

Poor Kailey! Fun to have smores though!

Amy