Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Not just a scrapbooker....A life Artist!!

I was reading Ali Edwards' blog the other day & I came across this little piece & I just loved it...

A new name for scrapbookers/creative people who are into celebrating life through art: life artist. "Scrapbooker" just doesn't cut it - it is so much more than that name implies.

So, life artist it is

So who is a life artist? Do you take photos of your family, yourself, your environment, your world? Do you tell stories? Do you bring them all together onto paper, into your computer, onto a canvas (or some other cool concoction)? Do you create art journals with all kinds of wonderfully interesting pieces of your life and thoughts and emotions? Do you celebrate your life through your art?

You are a life artist.

I am a life artist.

And man, I love it.

I read this & I totally felt it in my body. This is how I feel. This is me. I was thinking right on Ali...you go girl!!

I don't scrap in order, I am not much into themed albums, I am not stuck in any particular style, I don't only scrap one size page, I love altered art, I do whatever moves me, & I love to create.

So yes....I am a life artist & man, I love it!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Ali!! Great quote!! Love your blog!