Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A bit of humor for today...

Two nights ago we were having one of those family dinners where everyone is goofing around & acting silly. We were all laughing & just having a great time. If you have ever had one of these you know that it is often hard not to have your drink come spraying out of your nose at times. I love these kinds of dinners where the kids feel free to express themselves & their emerging sense of humor starts to shine through. The dinner was nothing fancy...just pizza that David picked up on the way home. These moments are fabulous for recharging my batteries, they remind me of how much I love my life & how blessed I am today.


But here is the real funny part. At one point I look over at Rachel & notice she has two small pimples on the side of her nose. Maybe it was the silly mood of the night or maybe I was just surprised to see the blemishes on my just ten year old daughter, I am not really sure, but I blurted out, "Wow Ray...you have two pimples on your face!" She immediately put her hands up to her face & shrieked, "what?!?!" She then excused herself from the table to go run & look in the mirror. She couldn't believe it. Well, that really isn't the funny part either I guess. What happened next was...


She announces that immediately following dinner she was heading up to take a shower & wash her face. When I went upstairs to check on her this is what I found.

She looked at me very calmly & said, "the mask says it dries up pimples, so I am going for it." It just struck me as so funny, especially since she wasn't really all that concerned, but was enjoying the amount of laughter her mock upset was producing.

8 comments:

Morgan said...

Too funny! I remember those days all too well! Good luck to her and her mask!

Michon said...

LOL! Omg that is too funny! Great picture to scrap with it too!

Pauline said...

OH my you got a picture, you are a good woman .. aren't kids the greatest!

Jana Eubank said...

That's priceless, Laura! I love hearing about your cute family!

Unknown said...

Haha - glad you got a picture!

Veronica said...

heheh. That is so cute of her. :)

Going For Greatness said...

Omg LMAO! That's my Ray-Ray! LOL she never fails to absolutely CRACK ME UP!! lol
I cannot wait to see this picture scrapped... she's such a little comedian!!!!
XO
Gabi

Jennifer and Amy said...

that is too cute! Love your page about it too.

Jen