Saturday, April 05, 2008

Here comes the sun...

finally it is bright & sunny & feels like spring has sprung. I just want to go outside and play.

Thursday, I had lunch with my dear friend Jen. We had been trying for months to get together & life just kept getting in the way. We have been friends since I was in high school. So let me see...that is like...gasp...24 years now!!! Well we had fabulous sushi, a great visit, time just flew by, & too soon it was time to go. So Jen lets get the calenders out now & start planning so another few months doesn't go by before we notice.

By the way, Jen is like the best gift giver I know. She takes great pride in finding the perfect gifts. Everything is perfect including the packaging I so want to be like her when I grow up. It takes time & thought & always makes me feel special. Just check out this yummy pink scarf, the adorable little box, & those cool retro tags. She also got me a great little glass chicken roaster, can't wait to try it out. Thanks Jen...you rock!


Tonight we are heading over to our friend's, the Fazen's, house for a Final Four basketball party. They have one every year & it is always a great time. This year we were asked to bring dessert. Rachel decided we should make a basketball cake...here it is...


What do you think? It is a chocolate domed cake filled with cookies & cream pudding. Rachel is quite proud.

Here is a shot I took of Rachel this morning in our backyard.

I think I probably have twice as many pictures of this ham than any of my other kids. This kid just loves to be in front of the camera. How do I get the other kids to want their pictures taken? They seem to have more of the attitude of "oh no! she is taking pictures again!!" I am sorry but I really don't think the thousands of pictures I take a year are nearly enough.

5 comments:

Virginia said...

She is such a beauty.. count yourself lucky to have such a willing (and still!) photograph subject! ;) Hehehe

That cake is so adorable!

Oh I love that scarf... I'm a scarf fiend.

bruinbr said...

that is such a cool cake! I only wish my team had won! :( Awesome scarf too!

Christina said...

She is gorgeous Laura!!

Cute cake too, I'm sure it will be a hit!!

senovia said...

YOu're so lucky! It WAS looking like spring here, but today- oh no! It's been snowing all day!

That's a great pic of your daughter!

PS I found you on the 2 Peas thread.

Nicky

Nicole said...

Laura that child is absolutely gorgeous!! I bet she loved being outside.

Your basketball cake turned out really great!! Wow!

And I absolutely loved your blog! I went back through a few pages and what fun, you take great photos!